Thursday, January 4, 2018

Throwback Thursday: 1968

We've got two songs for the year 1968. I was confused because I thought, "But I know the words to 'Grazing in the Grass'!" And then I realized it was an instrumental cover. The 60's were crazy, man. AND HOLD THE PHONE. The instrumental was the original! The version that I know by The Friends of Distinction came out a year later. That really is insane.

Hugh Masekela - Grazing in the Grass (7/20/68-7/27/68)


This second song was at #1 for 5 weeks, which we haven't seen since the first week we were doing this theme, with Baauer's "Harlem Shake" staying at #1 for 5 weeks as well! There's only one instrumental that stayed at #1 for longer than 5 weeks. Can you guess what it is?

Paul Mauriat - Love is Blue (2/10/68-3/9/68)





No comments: